Helping you reduce your Telkom bill
- Spend less time on the phone during peak times – Perhaps a bit obvious, but you can save up to 50 on each call by simply moving your call times to the off-peak hours. Telkom’s off-peak times are 20H00 – 07H00 during the week and all day on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
- Quantity vs. Quality – Telkom has a minimum charge for each call made, so making many short calls can work out more expensive than one longer call.
- Sending faxes – We find many clients are still sending faxes, consider e-mailing your documents. Generally the documents are clearer, you can get rid of your fax line (therefore saving money) and save on paper (which also helps our environment).
- Landline vs. cell phone – Wherever possible phone people on their landlines. On average cell phone calls are more than twice the price of landline calls.
- Unused lines – Ensure that you don’t have excess exchange lines that you are paying for but are not using.
Using a telephone management system (TMS), such as Man3000, is a great asset to any company that can easily allow you to reduce your costs. Man3000 has many reports that allow you to better manage your PABX system. Obviously, Man3000 is able to provide the basic reports (such as extension and account code reports), however the more advanced features (such as private number suggestion and cost comparison reports) add the extra value. One of the most effective methods of reducing telephone expenditure is to set a budget or cost limit on an extension or account code, and once that person has reached their budget the extension or account code is disabled automatically*. *Automatic disabling of extensions and account codes is PABX dependent For more info on our system go to our website https://www.man3000.com or give us a call on +27 11 436 8100 If you have any other tips or tricks please let us know in the comments.